Spread the love
- Thanksgiving is for family and time-honored traditions. The greatest tradition is the centerpiece to your meal – turkey. Over 2,500 American turkey farms work to bring just the right bird to your table. Here are tips to help you select your turkey and pointers to manage leftovers.
- Red maple leaves, cool brisk breeze, geese flying south and cinnamon spice aroma filling the house…little reminders that we’re in the midst of Fall. But fresh crisp apples may be the best of all.
- Four years after Hurricanes Irma and Maria devastated the Caribbean, there is still an urgency to understand how to best prepare farmers and working lands for future hurricanes. Agricultural advisors are first responders and witnesses of hurricane impacts and strategies used in hurricane preparedness and recovery. A new study by the USDA Caribbean Climate Hub […]
- Farmers markets not only offer some of the freshest produce and vegetative products you can find, but they also create opportunities to buy locally, and support small farmers, ranchers, and agricultural businesses. As you explore farmers markets in your area, it is important to keep food safety top of mind. Germs that cause foodborne illness […]
- On September 15, 2021, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) hosted a virtual roundtable titled Exploring Food Waste Solutions: Success Stories from the U.S. and Beyond. This event showcased innovative policies and approaches to reducing food waste in the United States, Europe, and the United Kingdom. The moderator, Emily Broad Leib from the Harvard Food […]