The Small Town Churches Network and Jonathan Davis do not necessarily endorse the views and opinions expressed in the articles presented in our news and article aggregation.
- Census Bureau: Request for Nominations of Members To Serve on the Census Scientific Advisory CommitteeThe Census Bureau is accepting nominations to fill four vacancies on the Census Scientific Advisory Committee (CSAC). The CSAC provides scientific and technical expertise to the Director of the Census Bureau on all Census Bureau programs and activities. The committee should have representatives with a variety of experience and from varied backgrounds in order to […]
- Census Bureau: Request for Nominations of Members To Serve on the National Advisory Committee on Racial, Ethnic, and Other PopulationsThe Census Bureau is seeking nominations to serve on the National Advisory Committee on Racial, Ethnic and Other Populations (NAC). The NAC provides advice to the Director of the Census Bureau on the economic, housing, demographic, socioeconomic, linguistic, technological, methodological, geographic, behavioral, and operational variables affecting the cost, accuracy, and implementation of Census Bureau programs […]
- The Government Accountability Office is requesting nominations for the Health Information Technology Advisory Committee (HITAC), which provides recommendations to the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology on policies, standards, implementation specifications, and certification criteria relating to the implementation of a health information technology infrastructure. Nominations are due by August 24, 2021.
- Want to Take an Active Role in Guiding the Work of Region 6 in Your State? Apply to Join a NNLM State Advisory Group!The Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) is recruiting members of public health organizations, healthcare professions, nonprofit organizations, faith-based groups, public libraries, academic libraries, and hospital libraries to join State Advisory Groups (SAG) for Region 6. Applications are due September 7, 2021.
- HHS: National Advisory Committee on Individuals With Disabilities and Disasters: Establishment; CorrectionNotice from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) extending the application period for qualified individuals who wish to be considered for membership on the National Advisory Committee on Individuals with Disabilities and Disasters (NACIDD). NACIDD will advise and consult with the Secretary of HHS regarding the medical, public health, and accessibility needs of […]
Rural Definitions RSS
- Analyzes population changes in nonmetropolitan counties, identifying domestic migration as the reason for a decrease in rural population between 2010-2020. Discusses how most of the population growth since 2000 took place in metropolitan areas. Includes data for all 50 states with a breakdown of the natural, international, and domestic components of population change.
- Notice of decision from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) announcing the adoption and content of the 2020 Standards for Delineating Core Based Statistical Areas. This notice also summarizes comments received in response to the January 19, 2021, Federal Register Notice on recommended changes to OMB's metropolitan and micropolitan statistical area standards. Among other […]
- The Office of Budget and Management (OMB) announced that it won't raise the population threshold for what qualifies as a metro area, keeping the minimum population needed in a community's core city at 50,000 residents to be designated a metropolitan statistical area (MSA). Discusses the rationale behind not pursuing the change at this time.
- Discusses how the COVID-19 delta variant is spreading and new localized hotspots are emerging, especially across the South, Midwest, and West. Many areas seeing an increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations are rural and/or have lower vaccination rates. Describes how current trends in COVID-19 infections may mean the U.S. is on the cusp of another […]