The Small Town Churches Network and Jonathan Davis do not necessarily endorse the views and opinions expressed in the articles presented in our news and article aggregation.
- Editor’s Note: This is a guest blog post authored by Ben Feldman, Executive Director of the Farmers Market Coalition, an National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition member, in honor of the 22nd annual National Farmers Market Week, August 1-7th, 2021. For over two decades, National Farmers Market Week (NFMW) has been a time of celebration for everyone […]
- RELEASE: House Appropriations Committee Adopts Three Significant Amendments to Advance Sustainable AgricultureFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Laura Zaks National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 347.563.6408 RELEASE: House Appropriations Committee Adopts Three Significant Amendments to Advance Sustainable Agriculture NSAC urges the passing of the full minibus of Fiscal Year 2022 appropriations bills Washington, D. C., July 29, 2022 – The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC) applauds the adoption […]
- Historically, farmers of color have been unable to participate in or benefit from USDA programs to the same extent as their white neighbors. This presents an enormous challenge for farmers of color when they are looking to start or maintain viable and resilient careers in farming. Rising costs and limited availability of farmland, access to […]
- Comment: NSAC Applauds Appointment of Adrienne Wojciechowski to Assistant Secretary for Congressional Relations at USDAContact: Laura Zaks National Sustainable Agriculture Coalitionpress@sustainableagriculture.net Comment: NSAC Applauds Appointment of Adrienne Wojciechowski to Assistant Secretary for Congressional Relations at USDA Washington, DC, July 28, 2021 – In response to the announcement of President Biden’s appointment of Adrienne Wojciechowski to serve as Assistant Secretary for Congressional Relations at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), NSAC […]
- USDA recently announced over $600 million in future investments to support and increase processing capacity through grants, loans, and technical assistance to address concentration within the meat and poultry sectors, as well as small plant fee relief. On July 16th, 2021 the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) published a notice in the Federal Register, seeking […]