The Small Town Churches Network and Jonathan Davis do not necessarily endorse the views and opinions expressed in the articles presented in our news and article aggregation.
- The latest in the ongoing investigation into a long-running price-fixing scandal in the poultry industry has resulted in several new indictments, announced the Department of Justice on Thursday. According to the DOJ’s press release, there are two new indictments: one against Koch Foods, a poultry processor headquartered in Illinois, and four indictments of former Pilgrim’s […]
- Back in January, news broke that six poultry plant workers had died in a Georgia facility. Those deaths, along with several hospitalizations, spurred federal, state and local investigators to figure out the cause. This week, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) levied 59 citations, totaling just under $1 million, to several companies deemed responsible […]
- After years of litigation and controversy, Bayer has said it will remove current versions of Roundup from store shelves by 2023. The agrochemical giant announced it will replace its controversial herbicide with products that don’t contain glyphosate (the main ingredient in Roundup), but only for American consumers. Farmers will still have access to the glyphosate-based […]
- USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack announced Thursday morning that his department would provide $67 million in loans to farmers struggling with heirs’ property issues. Heirs’ property operators are farmers who have a family tie to their land but not a legal one. For instance, if a land owner died without a will, that land would be […]
- There are not many issues in which Republican senators like Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley see eye to eye with Democrats like Jon Ossoff and Amy Klobuchar. But at a Senate judiciary hearing yesterday, two of the four major meatpacking corporations were under fire from senators on both sides of the aisle. Senators heard testimony […]